McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a fast growing Top60 UK Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their Tax team and recruit a Personal Tax Semi-Senior/Part-Qualified. The firm has an enviable reputation across the Midlands, Thames Valley & London areas providing a range of Audit, Tax & Accounting services to wealthy individuals, family estates, OMBs and private PLCs. Reporting to one of the Tax Managers, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting colleagues with managing a portfolio of personal clients, maintaining and developing strong relationships which are key to the firm’s growth
• Dealing with both personal tax compliance and non-complex tax advice/tax projects as required
• Processing personal tax returns/P11Ds by reference to information provided, held on file or from awareness of the clients individual circumstances.
• Involved in the preparation and issue of the bills taking into account time charged, write on/offs for client accounts.
• Dealing with Tax correspondence, telephone calls and arranging meetings with clients/potential clients.
• Dealing with HMRC queries, telephone calls and tax enquiries.
• Assisting with processing end-to-end client payrolls including PAYE & NI liabilities, pension payments, year-end payroll duties and HMRC compliance
• Attending networking events and seminars, attending in-house training courses on tax legislation
To be considered for the role you should ideally be an ATT/CTA Part-Qualified or Qualified By Experience, with at least 2 years personal tax experience with another Accounting Firm or Specialist Tax Boutique. On offer is a salary up to £28,000 (depending on experience) with benefits to include 20 days holiday, company pension and healthcare schemes. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org You should be a confident self-starter with good interpersonal skills, have experience of assisting a portfolio of personal tax clients, and working knowledge of CCH would be advantageous.
McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act