McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a growing Accountancy Firm who are looking for an Accounts & Tax Accountant for their offices in Staffordshire. Undertaking a 50% Accounts & 50% Tax role, you will be assisting with managing client portfolios of owner-managed businesses including sole traders, Ltd companies and partnership clients and working with a team of other general practice staff across the firm. Key duties include:
- Assisting with Accounts & Financial statements preparation, and basic book-keeping duties
- Attending on-site client meetings and assisting team members with basic controls and risk assessments
- Dealing with companies in a range of sectors including Services, Manufacturing, Logistics, Legal Services and self-employed tradespeople
- Collating information required for the preparation of company accounts, partnerships and LLP’s together with details for tax computations.
- Ensuring all work is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm’s standards
- Ensuring all Accounting & Tax paperwork is filed and submitted correctly to Companies House within deadlines
- Dealing with both personal tax compliance and non-complex tax advice/tax projects as required
- Processing personal tax returns/P11Ds by reference to information provided for approx. 170 self-assessment clients
- Involved in the preparation and issue of client bills taking into account time charged, write on/offs
- Dealing with Tax correspondence, telephone calls and arranging meetings with clients/potential clients.
- Dealing with HMRC queries, telephone calls and tax enquiries.
- Attending networking events and seminars, attending in-house training courses on tax legislation
To be considered for the role you should ideally be degree-educated with AAT/ACA/ACCA Part- or Fully Qualified (or QBE) with a minimum of three year’s accounts & tax experience, ideally at another Accountancy Firme. On offer is a salary up to £28,000 depending on relevant experience, with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 20 days holidays. The firm will also happily consider those candidates who may be interested in relocating to the Midlands from other parts of the UK. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile