McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top10 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their senior team with the appointment of an Audit Manager (Commercial Audit) and an Audit Senior Manager (Pensions) for their offices in Bristol. The roles are 100% Audit and for both positions you will be required to supervise Junior & Qualified Auditors, liaise with Partners and other Client Managers, reviewing the audit and management accounts of SME and Corporate PLC businesses. Key duties include:
• Managing a £400k portfolio of Audit clients, supervising a small team who look after a UK and Int’l client base
• Managing year-end processes and reviewing statutory financial (or pension) statements under UK GAAP and IFRS
• Planning and budgeting for client audits including staff allocation, risk/control assessments and final audit reports
• Taking part in ad-hoc investigations, due diligence and other duties as required by partners
• Managing the month-end process including reviewing monthly management accounts prepared by juniors
• Day to day running of the Audit team including dealing with escalated queries and more complex technical issues (for the Pensions audit role).
• Liaising with senior colleagues and the other Audit & Tax teams to resolve technical queries including corporation tax.
• Ensuring all Audit work allocated is carried out profitably in accordance with the firm’s standards, and responsible for billings
• Liaising with clients to ensure their audit and accountancy work is running smoothly.
To be considered for either of the roles you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with at least 6 year’s experience running your own client portfolio, and ideally from a Top50 or well-regarded Regional Accounting firm. With strong commercial external audit OR pension audit experience along with strong staff management, knowledge of mid-range accounting software (e.g. Iris Exchequer, Caseware, Sage Line 50) would also be useful.
On offer is a salary up to £60,000 for the Audit Senior Manager role and £49,000 for the Audit Manager role with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for either of the positions or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile