McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly-regarded Top10 Accounting Firm who are looking for a Qualified ACA/ACCA Audit Senior or Audit Executive to join their growing team in Central Birmingham. The experience you will gain includes working with the most wealthy families & corporate businesses across multiple industry sectors in the West Midlands. The role is likely to be 80% Audit, 20% Accounts and key duties for the position include:
- Contributing to the provision of audit, year-end accounting and taxation compliance services to a wide range of large UK & International clients
- Supporting partners and working alongside Audit managers in various departments.
- Responsible for motivating and providing on-the-job training for junior audit team members.
- Dealing with a challenging and interesting client base including HNWI’s, entrepreneurs, through to high-growth Int’l businesses (t/overs up to £750m)
- Dealing with a range of sectors including property, IT/technology, digital, healthcare, financial services, corporate services and leisure.
- Responsible for planning audit & account assignments, taking responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Setting objectives for junior staff and supervising them on site including reviewing their audit/accounts work and coaching on-the-job
- Close liaison with clients and other stakeholders, building long-term relationships for the future benefit of the firm
- Ensuring all Audit work is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with internal standards
- Preparation for, and attending, final audit/accounts review meetings with partners and clients
- Attending external business seminars and events to help build relationships with clients and prospective new clients
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant, ideally degree-educated with at least 3 years practice experience in External Audit and some staff management skills. You should be a clear communicator with strong commercial skills, have an inquisitive mind and are able to develop good working relationships with clients. Ideally, you should also have experience of paperless audit & tax software systems such as Caseware and Alphatax.
On offer is a salary up to £41,000 depending on qualification and depth of relevant experience, with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and holidays. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office on 01889 390 380 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile