McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a with a well-known West Midlands Accountancy Practice who is looking to strengthen their Auditing function and recruit Qualified and Part-Qualified ACA/ACCA Audit Seniors & Semi-Seniors within their North Worcester offices. Reporting to one of the Audit Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the Audit process of major clients with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Preparing and submitting working papers and drafts of company financial statements to the Audit Manager
- Producing client deliverables which include specifically drafting sections of the report to management for later review.
- Delivering expertise across primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Ensuring all Audit engagements are in compliance with auditing standards and internal procedures
- Maintaining an up to date understanding of client businesses and developing good working relationships with client staff
- Assisting with the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for Manager review
- Identifying risk matters and raising them with the Manager whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Identifying and understanding client needs, suggesting potential solutions on technical matters and communicating these solutions with Managers
- Monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget, then relaying a full understanding for the Manager.
To be considered for the roles you should be a qualified or part-qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant with previous Audit experience of small and medium-sized corporate businesses, and ideally from either a Top100 or a well-established regional Accountancy firm. You will have experience working in a team environment on multiple audit clients, building relationships with clients and internal management teams, and being able to prioritise and work to strict audit deadlines. As you will be attending client sites for 50% of the time, you do need to be a car driver for these positions.
On offer is a salary to £36,000 for the Qualified role and £30,000 for the PQ role depending on experience, with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 20 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile