McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with one of the most highly regarded Corporate Finance firms in the Thames Valley to help recruit a Corporate Finance Director/Associate Partner following significant growth over the last 12 months. Managing the complete delivery of buy & sell side deals on a day-to-day basis, the role will allow you to build sustainable and profitable client relationships, deal with third party advisers and work with a high performing CF team. Working closely with one of the Partners, key duties include:
- Executing transactions predominantly in the £5m to £25m deal size, including private equity backed MBO’s, acquisitions, disposals and fund raising.
- Being the day-to-day contact for all parties involved in the transaction, taking ownership of key aspects including drafting of Information Memorandums, modelling and project management/deal execution.
- Ownership of both advisory and transaction support assignments for small & medium sized enterprises
- Determining the project scope and resource requirements, attending initial client meetings and deal structuring
- Building a rapport with clients, understanding their business and expectations for longer term future opportunities.
- Using the principals of business valuations in order to prepare client reports with minimal review points, capturing all key issues for Partner review
- Using strong Excel and Financial Modelling skills to analyse and prepare future forecast financial information and create business plans.
- Monitoring progress of deals against budget and established timeframes
- Reviewing work completed by Qualified CF team members
- Dealing with all client queries on open transactions, external advisers and other third parties
- Identifying and recognising new project potential and networking for future business opportunities
To be considered for the role you should be a high performer with a strong academic background and at least eight years corporate finance experience within a major accountancy practice, corporate finance boutique or PE house. For candidates with strong business development experience, ACA/ACCA qualification is a distinct advantage, and you should be comfortable with pitching/winning work, attending and organising client events. You should possess strong analytical skills as well as the ability to work to tight reporting deadlines, be able to build relationships based on trust with a wide range of people including business owners and third-party professionals. Working as part of a small team with a strong and consistent deal flow and working closely with a highly experienced partner, there will be the opportunity to gain rapid career progression.
On offer is a salary of £90,000 – £140,000 depending on relevant experience + bonus, with benefits to include 25 days holiday, healthcare/pension schemes and other flexible benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile