McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 UK Accountancy Firm who are recruiting a Corporate Tax Senior to join their growing team in Derby. Reporting to one of the Tax Directors, the role would ideally suit a Qualified CTA or ATT Tax Specialist (or equivalent) from a mid- to top-tier or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be managing junior staff and you must be able to demonstrate both Corporate Tax advisory & compliance expertise. Key duties include:
- Assisting with solutions to technical issues and demonstrating sufficient technical knowledge to manage relevant project areas
- Working on tax projects for leading OMB’s and Listed clients within the IT, Manufacturing, Construction, Food, Retail and other key business sectors (up to £150m turnover)
- Liaising with clients regarding corporate tax advisory & compliance matters on the phone and in person
- Meeting client demands, keeping them up to date with progress and engendering trust & respect
- Providing intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues in a pro-active manner
- Writing high quality tax reports for clients, requiring minimal input from Directors/Partners
- Reviewing tax returns and computations within agreed timescales
- Managing and appraising a number of junior tax staff within the office
- Ensuring that the quality of corporate tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adheres to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the Tax Directors & Partners to ensure that work is completed within budget
To be considered for the role you should be seeking a move to an accountancy firm where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available, or from a Top4/Top10 Firm looking for similar corporate tax experience with a better work/life balance in a smaller firm. Previous staff management and working with business tax cases is required, along with excellent team-working and relationship building skills. You should also be able to work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £38,000 + excellent benefits including holidays, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile