McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a well-known West Midlands Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Corporate Tax Senior to join their growing team near Worcester, ideally with some tax investigations and group tax experience. Reporting to the Tax Manager, the role would ideally suit an ACA/ACCA or ATT/CTA qualified or part-qualified from another mid- to top-tier or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be assisting with coaching junior graduates, reviewing corporate tax computations and you should be able to demonstrate some Tax advisory expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Processing of tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Helping to manage a varied portfolio of owner-managed businesses through to UK & Int’l corporates (a total of 800 businesses)
- Assisting with ongoing HMRC tax investigations and dealing with R&D tax claims
- Working with group companies and dealing with tax contract assignments
- Developing tax efficient structures and assisting with corporate re-organisation’s for tax planning purposes
- Liaising directly with clients regarding corporate tax matters on the phone and in person
- Providing general support to clients with corporate and personal tax queries
- Assisting the Manager in overseeing a number of junior tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of corporate tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the assigned Tax Manager to ensure that work is completed within budget
To be considered for the role you should ideally be in a Top100 or well-known Regional Accounting firm, seeking a move to a larger accountancy practice where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Therefore, knowledge and experience of preparing corporate tax computations, dealing with complex tax issues and assisting in the management of client portfolios is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £32,000 + study (where applicable) with excellent benefits including 20 days holiday, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile