McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a growing regional Accountancy Firm with 5 offices across London and the Thames Valley who are now looking for a General Practice Senior (Accounts, Tax & Audit), with a fast-track route to Manager within 2 years. Working in their SW London office and reporting to one of the Partners, you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of OMBs/SMEs including sole traders, companies and partnerships up to £50m turnover and a supervising a team of Junior Audit & Accounts staff. Key deliverables for the position include:
- Reviewing accounts & financial statements prepared by junior staff for Partner sign-off
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards around fixed assets & depreciation, stock, accrued/deferred income, accruals
- Reviewing personal & corporate tax returns, along with advisory work for discussion with partners
- Conducting on-site audits, audit staff planning, collating final audit files and preparing for Partner close-out meetings with clients
- Assisting with special project assignments, ownership of agreed budgets and meeting client deadlines.
- Setting objectives for junior Audit staff, supervising them on-site and coaching
- Point of contact for clients and other third-party stakeholders, with direct contact at CFO/MD level
- Ensuring all team work is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm’s standards
- Assisting with promoting other service lines within the firm and attending external business seminars/events as required
To be considered for the role you should be a Qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant, ideally degree-educated with comprehensive General Practice experience. The firm is looking for someone with the potential to become a Manager within a 2 year timeframe, and are therefore looking for ambitious, entrepreneurial and highly-driven character traits. You should technically be up to date with IFRS & IAS, and knowledge of IRIS and Sage Accounts would be a distinct advantage. On offer is a salary up to £50,000 depending on qualifications and experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare, 25 days holidays and other flexible benefits.
To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act