McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top Regional Accounting Firm who are continuing to enjoy strong growth within their Derby office and wider commercial wins across the Midlands. They are now seeking a Tax Senior (personal & corporate mixed) who will be responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate and personal tax clients including company directors, sole traders and HNWI’s, ensuring all compliance work is completed accurately and efficiently. Other key duties include:
- Managing basic corporate tax advisory projects that include stamp duty, P11D, non-resident landlord tax returns, ATED returns, trusts and HMRC enquiry work
- Reviewing CT600 corporate tax returns for SME businesses in order to provide relevant advisory services
- Dealing with various compliance issues around commercial property, estates & trust tax, share schemes/employee benefit schemes
- Identifying and working with Managers on tax planning opportunities for growing corporate clients including family businesses
- Keeping all personal tax clients up to date with progress, advising them of internal deadlines, payment amounts and dates for HMRC
- Reviewing the Self-Assessment tax computations work prepared by junior members of staff
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to any corporate tax/VAT investigations and managing risk within the business
- Ensuring all personal and corporate tax assignments are completed within agreed budgets
- Providing ad-hoc work to the senior tax manager and partners.
To be considered for the role you should have experience in an Accounting Firm or specialist Tax/Legal firm in a mixed tax role (ideally compliance & advisory) and used to dealing with a wide variety of taxes, although this position is corporate-bias. Experience of overseeing junior staff/graduates would be preferred, along with being able to manage your own portfolio of tax cases. Educated to degree level and ideally ATT/CTA or ACA/ACCA qualified, you should have a strong team work ethic, exceptional relationship building skills, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a base salary to £30/32,000 depending on expertise along with life assurance & income protection schemes, pension, free car parking and 20 days holiday. To apply for the position, or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act