McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top Accounting Firm who are continuing to enjoy strong growth within their Surrey offices. They are now seeking a Mixed Tax Senior (personal tax & corporate tax) who will be responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate and personal tax clients including company directors, sole traders and HNWI’s, ensuring all compliance & advisory work is completed accurately and efficiently. Key duties include:
- Managing basic corporate tax advisory projects that include stamp duty, P11D, non-resident landlord tax returns, ATED returns, trusts and HMRC enquiry work
- Reviewing CT600 corporate tax returns for SME businesses in order to provide relevant advisory services
- Dealing with various compliance issues around commercial property, estates & trust tax, share schemes/employee benefit schemes
- Identifying and working with Managers on tax planning opportunities for growing corporate clients including family businesses
- Keeping all personal tax clients up to date with progress, advising them of internal deadlines, payment amounts and dates for HMRC
- Reviewing the Self-Assessment tax computations work prepared by junior members of staff
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to any corporate tax/VAT investigations and managing risk within the business
- Ensuring all personal and corporate tax assignments are completed within agreed budgets
- Providing ad-hoc work to the senior tax manager and partners.
To be considered for the role you should have experience in an Accounting Firm or specialist Tax Practice/Legal firm in a mixed tax role and used to dealing with a wide variety of taxes. Experience of overseeing junior staff/graduates would be preferred, along with being able to manage your own portfolio of tax clients. Educated to degree level and ideally ATT/CTA qualified or ACA/ACCA qualified, you should have a strong team ethic, exceptional relationship building skills, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a base salary to £45,000 depending on expertise along with life assurance & income protection schemes, pension, free car parking and holidays. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act