McGinnis Loy Finance is proud to be working with a Top20 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their Outsourcing team with the appointment of an Outsourcing Junior/Accounts Junior for their growing Hampshire team. You will be working with entrepreneurial businesses and their owners to help support their long term goals, and assist with managing a portfolio of clients. Key duties include:
- Assisting with the preparation statutory accounts and review of disclosures under FRS102 and IFRS
- Preparing basic management reports for a range of outsourcing clients
- Bookkeeping duties using a range of accounting software including Sage, Xero and Exact
- Basic client VAT return preparation for review by Managers
- Managing time costs that are charged to clients and dealing appropriately with jobs that may go over budget
- Updating data insight for internal management reporting and checklist monitoring
- Assisting with client billing, WIP reviews and assisting with basic drafting of client proposals
- Liaising with internal and/or third party external advisors including Auditors
- Basic preparation of simple Corporate Tax calculations
- Promoting the interests of the firm to clients, prospective clients and other third parties.
- Attending client gatherings/client seminars on an ad-hoc basis as support for key events.
To be considered for the role, you should ideally have at least 1 year’s experience with another Accountancy Firm, be AAT Qualified and/or ACCA Part-Qualified or Qualified By Experience, and used to assisting with client portfolios across a broad range of sectors & industries. You should be able to demonstrate basic technical accounting standards and communicate ideas to colleagues in a clear, concise and actionable way. You should be competent with manual and computerised bookkeeping systems, able to assist producing accounts for sole traders and partnerships, and have strong organisational skills with the ability to manage strict deadlines.
On offer is a salary up to £26,000 depending on qualification and experience (plus study support where applicable) with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 22 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile