McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Accountancy Practice who are now looking to strengthen their Client Outsourcing team with the appointment of an Outsourcing Assistant Accountant. The team provides external clients with the full range of accounting and back office services including bookkeeping, year-end accounts, preparation of supporting audit files, preparation of group consolidations, management accounting and VAT compliance for small and large businesses. Key duties include:
- Assisting clients with financial matters including interpretation of results, understanding how new legislation changes could affect their business from a regulatory perspective
- Assisting clients with setting up new internal systems and controls, including implementing suitable accounting software
- Point of contact for clients on their day-to-day accounting affairs including bookkeeping, VAT, balance sheet reconciliations, payroll and management accounts
- Ensuring the manager is kept up to date with any issues from clients or their business activities
- Awareness of chargeable time and charge-out rates so that jobs are completed within the assigned budget
- Solid knowledge of double entry and a working knowledge of the requirements of standard accounting policies
- Preparing legible and comprehensive working papers
- Preparation of basic statutory financial statements for clients with little or no supervision
- Preparing year-end audit files for clients with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items and tax sensitive P&L items
- Liaising with tax, payroll and other departments for client matters
- Preparing draft bills for senior managers/partners and keeping client billing information up to date
- Ensuring each client’s company accounts are filed within the statutory deadlines
To be considered for the role you should be a part-qualified AAT/ACCA/CIMA Accountant, ideally with experience of working with clients across a broad range of sectors and industries. You should have some basic knowledge of FRS102 along with experience of drafting consolidations, preparing statutory accounts, some exposure to auditing and management accounting. Use of mid-range accounting packages (e.g. Iris, Xero, Caseware, Sage Line 50) would be useful, and travel to client and other office sites will be required. You should have excellent communication skills, be able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus, with strong time management skills.
On offer is a salary up to £25,000 depending on experience, with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile