McGinnis Loy Finance is proud to be working with a TOP10 Accountancy Practice who are now looking to strengthen their Client Outsourcing team with the appointment of a Qualified or QBE Outsourcing Senior. The team provides clients with the full range of accounting and back office services including bookkeeping, year-end accounts for small and large businesses, preparation of supporting audit files, preparation of group consolidations, management accounting, VAT compliance, forecasting and budgeting. Key duties include:
- Assisting clients with ad-hoc questions in relation to financial matters including interpretation of results and understanding how changes to the business could affect the firm from a regulatory perspective
- Assisting clients with the set-up and development of internal systems and controls, including implementing suitable accounting software
- Acting as a point of contact for clients on their day to day affairs, ensuring that all communication whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Ensuring that managers are kept up to date with any issues arising from the client or its activities
- Solid knowledge of double entry and a working knowledge of the requirements of standard accounting policies
- Preparation of bank, petty cash and all other balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for clients with little or no supervision, and which meet UK GAAP standards
- Providing constructive accounting advice to clients
- Preparing year end audit files for clients with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items and tax sensitive profit and loss items
- Liaising with tax, payroll and other departments for client matters
- Reviewing accounts production files which have been prepared by junior members of staff
- Preparing year-end audit files for clients with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items and tax sensitive P&L items
To be considered for the role you should be an ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant (or qualified by experience), with experience of corporate clients across a broad range of sectors and industries. You should have knowledge of UK GAAP/FRS102 along with experience of drafting consolidations, preparing statutory accounts for UK entities and knowledge of international and trade practices ideally. Use of a mid-range accounting package (e.g. Iris Exchequer, Caseware, Xero, Sage Line 50) would be useful, and travel to client and other office sites will be required. You should have excellent people management and communication skills, be able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus, with strong organisational and time management skills.
On offer is a salary up to £38,000 depending on practice experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile