McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a well-known entrepreneurial Accountancy Firm who are continuing to enjoy strong growth across their London offices. They are now seeking a Senior Payroll Clerk /Payroll Manager to join their growing team in Central London who will be responsible for 150+ multiple client payrolls consisting of UK Ltd companies, partnerships and sole traders. Reporting to one of the Partners, key duties include:
- Processing payrolls for all third party client employees on a weekly, fortnightly and/or monthly basis
- Calculating PAYE, NI, SSP, SMP, SPP and other payments as required on behalf of clients (eg student loans, travel loans, expense payments)
- Reconciling client payrolls ensuring all payrolls processed are accurate and on time
- Responsible for CIS payroll schemes and salary sacrifice benefits
- Dealing with all client, employee, pension provider and HMRC payroll queries
- Ensuring clients are aware when PAYE & pension payments should be submitted to staff and HMRC
- Ensuring all RTI submissions are processed accurately and on time
- Ensuring all pay slips are processed and managing the submission of pay slip files
- Processing all End Of Year client payrolls in accordance with client contracts and HMRC guidelines (P45s, P46s, P38s etc)
- Reconciling payroll & pension reports on a monthly basis, preparation of BACS payments for net salaries
- Reconciliation of client monies and undertaking audits for data quality
- Undertaking Directors NIC calculations, and manually calculating these when required
- Setting up new payrolls from the outset, which includes setting up both PAYE and Auto enrolment schemes
- Making declarations to The Pension Regulator when necessary.
- Prepare and submit P11Ds and PAYE Settlement Agreements (PSAs) using internal software and templates to produce the reports.
- Supporting the Outsourced Finance Department with queries regarding P11Ds and PSAs.
- Raising bills every 6 months for your client portfolio and every 3 months for larger fee paying clients
- Providing quotes to potential clients or to partners for bespoke services.
To be considered for the role you should ideally have 5+ year’s experience of working in complex and multi-payroll environments, with up to date knowledge of UK payroll & pension regulations and year-end processes. Completion of a payroll qualification (CIPP or similar) is preferred, and experience of RTI and auto-enrolment processing is required as you will be taking responsibility for all end-to-end client payrolls. Experience of working in another Accounting Firm or a Payroll Bureau would be a distinct advantage, as would expertise in different payroll systems such as Iris Payroll Professional, Xero, Sage and HMRC Basic Tool.
On offer is a base salary to £45,000 depending on relevant experience, healthcare & pension schemes, 25 days holiday and other flexible benefits. To apply for the position, or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office on 01183 245 245 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act