Personal Tax Semi-Senior / Private Client Tax Junior – SUPERB ROLE
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a growing Top40 Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Personal Tax Semi-Senior / Private Client Tax Junior to join their Tax team in Central London. Reporting to the Personal Tax Supervisor, the role would ideally suit an ATT or CTA Part-Qualified tax professional, or someone Qualified By Experience. You will be responsible for preparing UK personal tax returns, and you should be able to demonstrate some basic Personal Tax advisory expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Preparing & submitting UK personal tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Managing a varied portfolio of contractors, self-employed individuals, small business owners and non-residents (approx. 120 individuals)
- Assisting Managers with HMRC tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims (entrepreneurs relief, VCT/EIS relief)
- Working with colleagues who manage wealthy families and SME business owners to help reduce tax liabilities where possible
- Liaising directly with clients regarding simple personal tax matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Assisting the Personal Tax Supervisor in overseeing a number of school-leaver tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the Personal Tax Supervisor to ensure that work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
To be considered for the Personal Tax Compliance role you should ideally be seeking a move to an Accounting Firm where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Knowledge and experience of preparing & submitting personal tax computations, dealing with various basic personal tax/private client issues, and being able to manage your own personal tax portfolio is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help with developing new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £32,000 (depending on experience and qualification) + excellent benefits including flexible working, 23 days holiday, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the personal tax semi-senior / private client junior position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone on 01183 245 245 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile