McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Personal Tax PQ/Senior to join their growing team in Leicester. Reporting to one of the Tax Managers, the role would ideally suit an ACA/ACCA/ATT or CTA qualified, part-qualified or QBE from another medium to top-tier or Regional Accountancy practice, and they would happily consider people willing to relocate. You will be assisting with coaching junior staff, advising & reviewing technical tax work and you must be able to demonstrate strong Personal Tax compliance knowledge. Key duties include:
• Managing a varied portfolio of personal tax clients, providing them with detailed breakdowns of their liabilities in an efficient and timely manner.
• Meeting various KPI’s including those for processing tax return information, ensuring compliance with all statutory time limits, sending tax documents out to clients and HMRC
• Liaising with client managers to produce and distribute checklists for P11d completion
• Overseeing some of the tax juniors to ensure timely preparation and distribution of tax return checklist letters and chasing tax returns for submission to HMRC.
• Completing internal reviews of the tax section of accounts files to ensure entries shown in the client accounts are accurate.
• Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of personal and corporation tax and related planning issues to ensure all advice given to clients is accurate and appropriate for the specific case.
• Developing and maintaining client relationships to generate referrals to the firms other service lines
• Assisting with the training, developing and mentoring trainees as required.
• Delivering an excellent level of customer service, managing and exceeding client expectations, responding to all ad-hoc queries in a timely manner and liaising with HMRC.
• Developing key procedures to maximise efficiency and become the champion of those procedures to ensure continuous improvement, accuracy and adherence.
To be considered for the role, you should ideally be seeking a move to an accountancy firm where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Therefore, knowledge and experience within a private client tax role is required, ideally with an ability to deal with some complex tax issues. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget. On offer is a salary up to £25,000 + excellent benefits including holidays, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office on 01889 390 380 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile