McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a growing independent Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Personal Tax Senior / Private Client Tax Senior to join their Tax team in Central Reading. Reporting to the Personal Tax Manager, the role would ideally suit an ATT or CTA Qualified tax professional, or someone Qualified By Experience. You will be coaching junior staff, preparing & reviewing personal tax returns, and you should be able to demonstrate some basic Personal Tax advisory expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Processing & submitting personal tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Managing a varied portfolio of HNWI’s, contractors, self-employed, business owners and non-residents (approx. 220 individuals)
- Assisting with HMRC tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims (entrepreneurs relief, VCT/EIS relief)
- Working with wealthy families and SME business owners to help reduce tax liabilities where possible
- Liaising directly with clients regarding Personal tax matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Assisting the Personal Tax Manager in overseeing a number of graduate-level tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the Personal Tax Director to ensure that work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
To be considered for the Personal Tax Compliance role you should ideally be seeking a move to an Accounting Firm where wider responsibilities and a broader HNWI client base will be made available to you. Knowledge and experience of preparing & submitting personal tax computations, dealing with various personal tax/private client issues, and being able to manage your own personal tax portfolio is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £50,000 (depending on experience and qualification) + excellent benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the personal tax senior / private client senior position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile