McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a renowned and fast-growing Top40 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their Personal Tax team and recruit a Private Client Tax Senior/Personal Tax Senior. The firm has an enviable reputation across London and the Home Counties providing a wider range of Audit, Tax, Payroll & Accounting services to OMBs and major private PLCs. Reporting to one of the Tax Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of complex personal tax clients plus personal tax for partner clients, ensuring compliance with HMRC and in house deadlines.
- Preparation of trust accounts and Trust Tax Returns for submission to HMRC.
- Preparation of Inheritance Tax Returns.
- Preparing and processing personal tax returns/P11Ds by reference to information held on file or from awareness of the clients individual circumstances.
- Calculation and advice of personal tax/NICs and Class 1A NICs liabilities, together with due dates of payment to client.
- Billing personal portfolio clients after work has been completed. Involved in the preparation and issue of the bills taking into account time charged, write on/off.
- Dealing with correspondence, telephone calls and arranging meetings with clients/potential clients.
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence, telephone calls and enquiries.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities for clients and attending networking events and seminars
- Constantly reviewing capital gains and inheritance tax planning and advice
To be considered for the role you should ideally be Tax Qualified with CTA and/or ATT, with at least 3 years of personal tax expertise within another Accounting Firm or Tax Boutique. Experience using CCH Pertax and PTP software would be a distinct advantage (although not essential), as would dealing with Trust Tax returns. On offer is a salary up to £45,000 with benefits to include 23 days holiday, company pension and private healthcare schemes. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act