McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Regional Accounting Firm who are looking for a Personal Tax Senior to join their growing team in St Albans. Reporting to the Tax Manager the role would ideally suit an ACA, ACCA, ATT or CTA qualified or part-qualified from another mid- to top-tier or Regional practice, or someone Qualified By Experience. You will be assisting with coaching junior staff, advising & reviewing technical tax work and managing your own portfolio of 150-200 private clients, along with some trusts and partnerships. Key duties include:
- Providing a full tax service to personal tax clients and supporting managers in the preparation of tax returns within agreed timescales
- Dealing with self-assessment and annual tax returns for company directors, self-employed individuals, high net worth and non-domiciled individuals
- Involvement in a wide range of personal tax assignments including tax forecasting, considering residence and domicile status, capital gains tax, planning and enquiry work
- Building good rapport with clients, with a clear understanding of client expectations and achieving high levels of client service
- Employee benefits compliance including preparation of Forms P11D, PAYE coding notices, business expense claims and end of year returns
- Preparing personal tax and capital gains tax returns, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Effectively managing a portfolio of 150 to 200 clients, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Liaising effectively and professionally with clients and officers of HMRC on tax compliance issues and enquiries, ensuring that deadlines are met
- Recording time spent on each client’s affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring work is completed within budget.
To be considered for the role you should have previous experience in a private client/personal tax environment with well-developed client service skills. Proven experience in managing a busy portfolio is required, therefore knowledge and experience within a compliance tax role is preferred, dealing with some complex tax issues. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £42,000 + excellent benefits including holidays, company pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile