McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly regarded Personal Tax Consultancy who are looking for a UK & US Personal Tax Senior OR Supervisor to join their growing team in Central London. Reporting to the Personal Tax Director, the role would ideally suit an ATT Qualified or QBE tax professional, ideally with IRS Enrolled Agent status (although this is not essential), from a mid-to-top tier/Regional Accountancy practice or a specialist Tax Boutique. You will be responsible for preparing UK & US personal tax returns, managing a small team of junior staff and you should be able to demonstrate in depth tax compliance expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Reviewing US & UK personal tax returns and preparing more complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Managing a varied portfolio of UK & US HNWI’s, professional contractors, business owners/entrepreneurs and US citizens residing in the UK (approx. 150/200 individuals)
- Assisting with ongoing HMRC tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims under both UK & US tax rules
- Offering tax advice to wealthy families and business owners to help reduce their UK and/or US tax liabilities where possible
- Liaising directly with UK & US tax clients regarding personal tax matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work undertaken by junior team members is to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the assigned Tax Director to ensure UK & US work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
To be considered for the role you should have 3-5 years experience in UK & US personal income tax, and experience with Passive Foreign Investment Companies and Entity Classification Elections would be a distinct advantage. You should be a Qualified ATT tax professional (or Qualified By Experience), and having IRS Enrolled Agent status would be preferred (but not essential). Experience in preparing both UK & US personal tax returns is required and you should also have excellent team-working skills and client relationship skills. With high levels of attention to detail and being well organised, you should also be able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
On offer is a salary up to £48,000 with excellent benefits including 22 days holiday, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile