Senior Tax Manager/Director (Mixed Tax) – Future Tax Partner Role
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly entrepreneurial Regional Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Senior Tax Manager (Mixed Tax) to join their growing team in Berkshire. Reporting to the Tax Partner, the role would ideally suit a CTA/ATT Qualified Tax professional and/or ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant from another Top or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be managing a team of 5 tax staff, and they are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong Personal Tax & Corporate Tax skills as you will be managing your own portfolio too. They are ideally looking for someone who would also like to gain promotion to Partner in due course. Key duties include:
• Overseeing the portfolios of HNWI’s with some personal and estate tax affairs, ensuring excellent client service is delivered from the teams
• Advising corporate & personal clients on a range of tax services including CGT, Int’l tax, Employment taxes, Trusts & Estates, IHT, US tax compliance and VAT
• Working on a number of advisory tax projects and technical assignments, in addition to business development to grow the division and networking across four offices
• Managing corporate tax compliance for businesses including PLC’s and Groups across various industry sectors
• Providing intelligent and creative solutions to corporate tax issues in a pro-active manner
• Planning & reviewing the work undertaken by junior tax staff and monitoring the team KPI’s
• Ensuring the quality of personal and corporate tax work across the firm is done to agreed cost & timescales
• Attending new and existing client meetings to ensure clients receive completed compliance & advisory tax work on time.
• Liaising with the Tax Partner to ensure work is completed within budget, and working on a future business strategy for the Tax Department
• Ensuring up to date and an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses in relation to UK Corporate & Personal Tax Law
• Liaising with Directors & Partners on matters which may significantly affect client’s tax liabilities
• Building strong internal relationships across the Firm to cross-sell Tax opportunities to benefit all clients
• Working towards future progression into a Partner role, ideally within a 2-3 year timeframe
To be considered for the role you should either be seeking a move to a larger firm, or perhaps working within a Top4-Top100 practice looking for broader responsibility, and the ability to work with a more diverse client base. The role is currently a 70% personal tax & 30% corporate tax mix, but this can be changed according to the individuals skillset and wishes.
You should have excellent team management skills, technical tax knowledge and business development skills, should be able to help develop new & existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and to budget. You should possess the ability to see the bigger picture and understand how a particular tax issue or need fits into the wider clients personal or business situation. Importantly, you should also have the drive, ambition and desire to want to become a Tax Partner in a few year’s time.
On offer is a salary up to £75,000 with excellent flexible benefits in addition to 25 days holiday, pension scheme & healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile