McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly regarded Personal Tax Boutique who are looking for a US Personal Tax Senior Manager to join their growing team in Central London. Reporting to the US Tax Partner, the role would suit a CTA Qualified or ACA/ACCA Accountant, ideally with IRS Enrolled Agent status (although this is not essential), from an Accountancy practice or another specialist Tax Boutique. You will be responsible for your own portfolio of US personal tax returns for US Citizens living in the UK, managing a small team of Tax professionals and you should be able to demonstrate in-depth tax compliance expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Reviewing US personal tax returns and preparing more complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Managing a varied portfolio of US HNWI’s, professional contractors, business owners/entrepreneurs and other US citizens residing in the UK
- Assisting with ongoing HMRC tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims under both UK & US tax rules
- Offering tax advice to wealthy families and business owners to help reduce their UK and/or US tax liabilities where possible
- Ensuring the quality of tax work undertaken by juniors is to agreed cost and timescales, and adheres to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the assigned Tax Partner to ensure US Tax work is completed within budget and within HMRC deadlines
- Responsible for managing the team in conjunction with helping to build the US business.
- Maintaining a record of US Personal Tax Returns and ensuring all Returns are filed on time.
- Identifying tax planning issues and undertaking some client-facing advisory work.
To be considered for the role you should have solid expertise in US income tax, and experience with Passive Foreign Investment Companies and Entity Classification Elections would be a distinct advantage. You should ideally be a Qualified CTA tax professional (or ACA/ACCA Qualified), and having IRS Enrolled Agent status would be an advantage (but not essential). You should have excellent team-working skills and client relationship skills, and with attention to detail, you should be able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
On offer is a salary up to £95,000 with excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, discretionary bonus, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 01183 245 245 or via email at [email protected]
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile