McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top60 Accountancy Firm who are looking for a VAT Tax Manager /Indirect Tax Manager to join their growing team in Oxford. Reporting to the Indirect Tax Partner, you will be required to proactively assist in growing the VAT practice and help provide a specialist and comprehensive VAT compliance & advisory service to business clients across the Thames Valley & London. Key duties include:
- Providing advice and support on compliance & planning issues to clients from a wide variety of industry sectors, regularly maintaining contact and making visits as appropriate.
- Providing advice and support on VAT compliance and planning issues to colleagues as required.
- Ensuring knowledge is kept up to date with VAT legislation and procedures, HMRC publications, relevant Court and Tribunal decisions etc.
- Assisting the Director/Partner with internal updates to Partners and staff, particularly where developments provide opportunities within the client base.
- Contributing articles for inclusion in the firms tax-related and industry specific publications.
- Internal financial management including regular review of WIP and billing according to the firm’s procedures.
- Preparing and agreeing budgets for assignments with partners and clients, ensuring these are met within agreed time scales.
- Involved in marketing events and other presentations (both external and internal) when appropriate.
- Carrying out reviews of VAT returns prepared by staff in other teams within the firm.
- Handling the internal appraisal process for junior members of the VAT team.
To be considered for the role you should ideally be in a medium/large regional or Top100 Accountancy firm with specialist VAT experience with both proven technical and assignment-driven skills. The firm is happy to consider VAT experience from another accounting firm, Industry/Commerce experience or and Indirect Tax background from HMRC. You should be ACA, ACCA, ATT and/or CTA Qualified with knowledge of customs procedures, client driven and commercially aware. With excellent team-working and client relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £65,000 + excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, flexi-time and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 01183 245 245 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile