McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Accountancy Firm who are looking for an Accounts Assistant Manager / Accounts Supervisor to join their growing team in Leicester. Reporting to one of the Client Managers, you will be required to advise businesses on the suitability of their financial reporting systems & processes, and support clients with preparation of their financial statements. The role involves providing a variety of these services at all levels from large corporates to SME’s, and key duties include:
- Plan, control and review client work to ensure that the jobs are completed as efficiently and effectively as possible by allocating the resources available
- Prepare a time budget for each assignment. Ensure where possible that this is set at a level to enable the office to make money on the job taking into account the level of the fees
- Review all client work received as soon as possible, ensuring that any issues arising are referred back to the staff for completion before any outstanding issues are drawn to the attention of the Partner
- Prepare fee schedules and bill for Partner review and approval, explaining any extra charges also identifying and explaining any write offs or profits
- Draft all client letters, finalising of accounts, letters of engagement etc.
- Attend client meetings where appropriate, liaising with their internal finance teams as required
- Ensure that trainees are allocated a variety of jobs in order to provide a broad range of training and maximise their experience
To be considered for the role you should ideally be in a Regional or Top100 Accountancy firm with accounts production skills, and previous experience of CCH Accounts Production, Sage, Xero, Caseware or Alphatax would be desirable. The firm is happy to consider Client Accounts experience from Industry/Commerce if the individual is looking to return to the Accounting Profession. You should be a fully Qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant with strong client relationship skills, staff management expertise and commercial awareness. With excellent team-working skills and the ability to learn new technology quickly, you should also be able to work well under pressure and deliver client assignments on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £45,000 + excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, flexi-time and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone on 01889 390 380 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile