McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a fast-growing and entrepreneurial Accounting Firm in West Birmingham who are looking to strengthen their Client Accounts team with the appointment of a Qualified Accounts Senior / Client Accounts Senior. Working directly with Partners and Directors, you will be providing a wide range of accounting services to individuals and numerous family-owned businesses. Such services include accounting, tax advice and general advisory project work across legal entities such as family trusts, Limited Companies and Partnerships. Managing some of the junior staff and responsible for all day-to-day activities within your portfolio, other key duties include:
- Managing your own clients, looking after their individual and business Accounting & Tax needs
- Planning and completing engagements across the client base, overseeing and reporting on the work of junior staff.
- Dealing directly with senior Client staff on any queries they may have
- Delivering high quality accounting & tax reports and ensuring that all client needs are met
- Setting priorities, defining activities and work-plans for junior staff so results for the office are achieved on time and to budget
- Working co-operatively with other offices, positively influencing team participation to support the firm’s wider goals
- Advising on different types of accounting legislation, asset protection or estate planning; ensuring a tax-efficient structure for client affairs.
- Assisting growing client businesses with any international and/or cross-border issues
- Assisting clients with financing of business interests, passing on wealth and streamlining their business affairs.
- Assisting with a number of one-off accounting assignments and special advisory work.
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA Accountant with experience in a similar Client Services or General Practice environment in another Accounting Firm. With strong management accounts, bookkeeping, statutory accounts (inc UK GAAP and IFRS knowledge), forecasting and budgeting experience; you should also have excellent staff management skills for this role. You should be confident in face-to-face meetings with clients, be high professional, commercially minded and have excellent interpersonal & organisational skills.
On offer is a salary up to £30/32,000 depending on qualification and relevant experience with benefits to include company pension, 21 days holiday, free parking and flexi-hours. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile