McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly entrepreneurial Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Qualified Accountant to join their growing team near Reading. Reporting to one of the Client Managers, you will be required to advise businesses on the suitability of their financial reporting systems & processes, support clients with preparation of their financial statements and work with micro-entities through to £100m+ corporations. The role involves providing a variety of accounting services at all levels, as well as ad-hoc project work such as de-mergers and modelling. Key duties include:
- Ensuring accounting jobs are completed within agreed internal budgets and all material points arising on the assignment are discussed with the Partner and Client.
- Planning accounting & tax assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- Producing year-end statutory accounts, management accounts, VAT returns to micro-entities and Limited Companies
- Providing virtual Finance Manager/Financial Controller services to clients who do not ordinarily require a full-time finance team
- Assisting with Group & Subsidiary statutory accounts, along with consolidations work for 20/30 clients with turnovers from £100m to £3billion
- Dealing quickly and effectively with client accounting & tax queries
- Briefing junior/trainee staff on a client’s business, supervising the completion of work and delivering on-the-job training as required
- Providing ad-hoc project support to clients such as financial information for de-mergers, M&A/DD analysis, IFRS 15/16 support, 5-year planning forecasts, business & family tax planning
- Monitoring the internal practice management system, ensuring profitable WIP and billing clients on a timely basis.
- Ensuring you are up to date with UK financial reporting requirements including IFRS
To be considered for the role you should ideally be in a Top4 to Top10 Accountancy firm in Audit and looking to move into an accounts production role, or already in a Global Compliance/Financial Reporting team within a Top10 firm. The firm is also happy to consider Group Accounts experience from FTSE-listed businesses if you are looking to return to the Accounting Profession. You should be a fully Qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant with strong client relationship skills and commercial awareness. With excellent team-working skills and the ability to learn new technology quickly, you should also be able to work well under pressure and deliver client assignments on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £45,000 + excellent benefits including 27 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, flexi-time and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile