McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Regional Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Qualified Accounts & Audit Senior for their Surrey office near to Leatherhead. Managing your own portfolio of owner-managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnership clients (up to £150m turnover) and a small team of junior staff, key deliverables for the position include:
- Carrying out Accounts & Financial statements preparation, and management accounting
- Managing smaller audits and assisting with complex corporate audits for the firm, using computerised audit systems
- Producing audit files for review by the Audit Manager/Director
- Providing general assistance to the audit and business services team
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns for clients
- Planning of Audit & Account assignments, taking responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting client deadlines.
- Setting objectives for junior staff and supervising on-site including reviewing work and coaching on the job
- Auditing of companies within a range of sectors including IT/Hi-Tech, Consumer Services, Manufacturing, Logistics, Legal Services etc including planning and finalisation of jobs.
- Preparation of company accounts, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP’s together with Tax computations.
- Close liaison with clients and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Finance Director Level
- Ensuring all work is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm’s standards
- Submitting accounts to Companies House within deadlines
- Attending external business seminars and events to help build relationships with clients and prospective clients
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant, ideally degree-educated with extensive practice experience in Audit & Accounting, some staff management skills and a car driver with access to your own car. On offer is a salary up to £45,000 depending on qualification and experience, with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holidays. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile