McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 Accountancy Firm with 20+ Partners and multiple offices, who are looking for a General Practice Qualified Senior (Accounts, Audit & Tax) for their offices in the Cheltenham/Gloucester area. Managing your own portfolio of owner-managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnership clients up to £50m turnover and a small team of graduate staff, key deliverables for the position include:
- Carrying out Audit, Accounts & Tax statement preparation and management accounting for clients
- Accounting for Fixed assets/depreciation, Stock, Prepayments, Accrued/deferred income, Accruals
- Preparation of personal & corporate tax returns, carrying through approved work plans
- Auditor-in-charge on client external audits, managing 2-3 Audit Juniors on-site
- Producing audit files for review by the Audit Manager/Director
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns and year-end accounts for clients
- Planning of general practice assignments, taking responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting client deadlines.
- Setting objectives for junior staff and reviewing work/coaching on the job
- Preparation of company accounts including Groups, partnerships and LLP’s together with Tax computations.
- Close liaison with clients and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Finance Director Level
- Ensuring all work is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm’s standards
- Undertaking a mixed role which is likely to be split 33% Audit, 33% Accounts and 33% Personal/Corporate Tax
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant, ideally degree-educated with comprehensive General Practice experience including Audit, Accounts & Tax; some staff management skills would be preferred, and a car driver with access to your own car. You should be technically up to date and knowledge of IRIS and/or Sage would be a distinct advantage. On offer is a salary up to £40,000 depending on qualification and experience, with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile