Corporate Tax Manager – SUPERB ROLE
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 Accountancy Practice who have seen vast growth over the last few years and are looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Manager for their growing team in West London, to focus on SME’s and larger multi-national clients. The position is to support Tax Partners within the office, and the role would suit an ACA, ACCA or ideally CTA Qualified tax specialist from Top100 or well-known Regional Accountancy practice firms. Key duties include:
- Looking after a portfolio of corporate clients reviewing corporation tax returns and ensuring compliance is up to date
- Dealing with client queries as they arise
- Taking a leading role in the management of the tax department and the management of workflow
- Participation in training of other team members including the audit team
- Participation in the critical on-going review of tax systems
- Some review of work undertaken by other more junior department members
- Significant liaison with the audit department and audit partners
- Drafting advisory and transaction documents for review by senior managers and partners
As well as corporation tax you will preferably have some exposure to some or all of income tax, ATED, VAT, SDLT too as the ethos of the firm is that client portfolio allocations come with overall responsibility for the client, reporting to the relevant partner.
To be considered for the Corporate Tax Manager role you should be ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified with sound knowledge of UK corporate taxation and preferably an awareness of international tax issues. With 3-5 years post qualification experience ideally, you should have good knowledge of accountancy principles, in particular accounting for tax (including CGT, IHT, deferred taxation and account disclosures) along with the ability to build good relationships with clients and you should be able to take personal responsibility & accountability for your own work. You should also have a strong commercial awareness, be client focused, with some staff management skills/coaching of others and an ability to manage change.
On offer is a salary up to £65/70,000 depending on experience + 25 days holiday, pension scheme, healthcare and a choice of other non-core benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading Office) by telephone on 01183 245 245 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile