McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 Accountancy Practice who have seen vast growth over the last few years and are looking to recruit a Mixed Tax Manager (with Corporate Tax bias) for their growing team in West London, to focus on SME’s and larger multi-national clients. The position is to support Tax Partners within the office, and the role would suit an ACA, ACCA or CTA Qualified tax specialist from Top10 to Top70 or well-known Regional Accountancy practice firms. Key duties include:
- Providing personal & corporate tax compliance and advisory services in support of the Tax Partners to a client portfolio.
- Maximising fee income and generating new client and tax consultancy work from a portfolio.
- Management of a mixed tax function and staff, ensuring efficient production and quality levels are met and that junior tax staff are developed to achieve their full potential.
- Managing the tax compliance cycle for a portfolio of clients and reviewing CT600 returns. This includes tax accounting, control and review work carried out by team members to ensure work is completed within timeframes and budget
- Responding to personal tax and corporate tax queries from clients and undertaking Partners billing
- Providing advice on a wide range of personal tax and corporate tax matters (both domestic and international)
- Attending client meetings and presentations, corresponding with clients and external agencies
To be considered for the Mixed Tax Manager role you should be ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified with sound knowledge of UK personal & corporate taxation and preferably an awareness of international tax issues. With 3-5 years post qualification experience ideally, you should have good knowledge of accountancy principles, in particular accounting for tax (including CGT, IHT, deferred taxation and account disclosures) along with the ability to build good relationships with clients and you should be able to take personal responsibility & accountability for your own work. You should also have a strong commercial awareness, be client focused, with some staff management skills/coaching of others and an ability to manage change.
On offer is a salary up to £60/65,000 depending on experience + 25 days holiday, pension scheme, healthcare and a choice of other non-core benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading Office) by telephone on 01183 245 245 or via email at [email protected]
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile