McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a well-known Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Personal Tax Junior/Associate to join their growing Private Client tax team near Bromsgrove. Reporting to one of the Personal Tax Managers, the role would ideally suit an ATT Part-Qualified or someone looking to study ATT, with at least one year’s tax experience. You will be preparing basic personal tax returns, dealing with expat tax & global mobility queries, and you should be able to demonstrate strong client relationship skills and a willingness to prepare more complex tax returns in due course. Key duties include:
- Preparing & submitting basic personal tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Helping to manage a varied portfolio of HNWI’s, contractors, self-employed, business owners and non-residents (approx. 150/200 individuals)
- Assisting with tax queries from Expat’s/Non-residents and finding answers to global mobility tax issues for clients
- Preparing basic information for HMRC tax investigations
- Basic preparation work for Tax Managers working with families and SME’s/Sole Traders to help reduce tax liabilities where possible
- Gathering information around tax efficient structures in relation to global mobility
- Liaising directly with clients regarding non-complex Personal tax matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the Personal Tax Manager to ensure work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
To be considered for the role you should ideally be seeking a move to an Accounting Firm where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Knowledge and experience of preparing & submitting basic personal tax computations is required, and any previous Expat Tax or Global Mobility tax exposure would be a distinct advantage. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £30,000 (depending on experience) + excellent benefits including flexible working, 23 days holiday, corporate pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office on 01889 390 380 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile