McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top15 UK Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Personal Tax Senior to join their growing Private Client tax team in Guildford. Reporting to the Personal Tax Manager, the role would ideally suit an ACA/ACCA or ATT/CTA Qualified from a Top4–Top70 or well-known Regional Accountancy Practice. You will be assisting with coaching junior staff, reviewing personal tax returns and you should be able to demonstrate some basic Personal Tax advisory expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Processing & submitting personal tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Helping to manage a varied portfolio of HNWI’s, contractors, self-employed, business owners and non-residents (approx. 150/200 individuals)
- Assisting with ongoing HMRC tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims (entrepreneurs relief, VCT/EIS relief)
- Working with families and small business owners to help reduce tax liabilities where possible
- Developing tax efficient structures and assisting with corporate re-organisation’s for tax planning purposes
- Liaising directly with clients regarding personal tax matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Assisting the Personal Tax Manager in overseeing a number of junior tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the assigned Tax Manager to ensure that work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
To be considered for the role you should ideally be seeking a move to a larger Accountancy Practice where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Knowledge and experience of preparing & submitting personal tax computations, dealing with complex tax issues and assisting in the management of personal tax portfolios is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £45,000 + excellent benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday, corporate pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office on 01183 245 245 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile