McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a fast-growing Accountancy Practice who have seen vast growth over the last five years and are now looking for a Personal Tax Assistant Manager / Private Client Supervisor to join their growing team in Central London. Reporting to the Personal Tax Manager, the role would ideally suit a CTA or ATT Qualified, or ACA/ACCA Qualified tax specialist from a Top100 or Regional Accountancy practice, or a Tax Boutique. You will be coaching junior members of the team, reviewing complex personal tax computations and you should be able to demonstrate strong compliance & have some advisory expertise. Key duties include:
- Managing a diverse portfolio of personal tax clients, delivering high-quality income tax services to include preparing returns, handling client queries and portfolio management.
- Providing advisory services to a wide range of clients.
- Actively seeking opportunities to offer value-added tax services when appropriate.
- Maintaining internal workflows and ensure tax reports are up to date.
- Liaise with HMRC as needed, to resolve queries/disputes or request statutory and non-statutory clearances.
- Complete the client billing process effectively and efficiently. Ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
- Research personal tax queries/technical queries and propose solutions for review.
- Supervise and assist with training of more junior Tax colleagues in the department.
- Review of personal tax returns and other work to ensure consistent quality.
- Assist with other ad hoc work within the department including review of corporation tax returns, assistance with VAT technical research and preparation of in-year CGT returns, IHT returns and ERS returns.
- Generating new leads and winning new personal tax clients through the firms current client base and business development
- Dealing with complex tax queries on behalf of clients, and preparation of client meeting notes for the team
- Assisting with tax efficient family structures and with IHT/CGT re-balancing for tax planning purposes that are HMRC-compliant
- Identifying changes in UK Tax legislation and how this may impact the portfolio
To be considered for the Personal Tax Assistant Manager / Private Client Tax Supervisor role, you should ideally be seeking a move to an accountancy practice where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Knowledge and experience of reviewing personal tax computations, dealing with some tax advisory issues and managing a diverse UK client portfolio is required. You should ideally have CTA or ATT Qualification and you should be proficient in staff coaching & training, dealing with demanding clients and HMRC queries. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing Tax business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £60,000 depending on experience + excellent benefits including 22 days holiday, corporate pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office on 01183 245 245 or via email at [email protected]
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile