Accounts Senior / Client Accountant / Outsourcing Senior
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Regional Accountancy Firm who are looking for an Accounts Senior / Outsourcing Senior to join their growing team near Basingstoke/Fleet. Reporting to one of the Client Managers, you will be required to advise businesses on the suitability of their financial reporting systems & processes, and support clients with preparation of their financial statements. Key duties include:
- Ensuring outsourcing jobs are completed within the agreed internal budget and all material points arising on the assignment are discussed with the Partner and Client.
- Preparing management accounts, cash flows, VAT returns, cash management and budget preparation for external clients
- Planning assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- Taking a hands-on Supervisory role on assignments as and when required.
- Dealing quickly and effectively with client queries on VAT, management accounts, budgets, cash & banking
- Briefing junior staff on the client’s business, supervising the completion of work and undertaking ‘on the job’ training
- Liaising with clients throughout the year, looking for opportunities to cross-sell, undertaking special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- Monitoring the practice management system reports, ensuring profitable recoverability of WIP and billing clients on a timely basis.
- Ensuring you are up to date with UK financial reporting requirements and preferably IFRS
To be considered for the role you should ideally be in a small/medium Regional or Top100 Accountancy firm with accounts production and management accounting skills, and previous experience of CCH, Xero and/or Sage would be desirable (not essential). You should be ACA or ACCA Qualified (or Qualified By Experience) with strong client relationship skills and commercial awareness. With excellent team-working skills and the ability to learn new technology quickly, you should also be able to work well under pressure and deliver client assignments on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £55,000 + excellent benefits including 23 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, flexi-time and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at [email protected]
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile