McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top Regional Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their Audit team with the appointment of an Audit & Accounts Senior for their Surrey/Hampshire offices. You will be part of a specialist team carrying out audits and special assignments for UK Private and UK Listed businesses in the £1m to £40m turnover range. The role is expected to be 70%/80% Audit and 20%/30% Accounts & Tax and assignments are principally in connection with companies across multiple sectors and include group and subsidiary audits. Key duties include:
- Responsible for assignment planning, leading field work, opening and close client meetings and drafting the assignment report.
- Dealing with private sector audit issues and techniques, providing guidance to junior team members based on previous audit experience
- Understanding commercial business client structures and the legal/contractual frameworks in which audit assignments are performed
- Understanding International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and providing guidance to junior team members
- Preparing tailored audit plans for large or complex assignments based on an understanding of the terms of reference
- Leading fieldwork audit teams onsite for small, large and complex assignments
- Assisting with client opening meetings and helping to present audit findings at close meetings
- Being aware of assignment deadlines and working with the team to ensure deadlines are met
- Monitoring audit assignments against budget and discussing with the Audit Manager if budget over-runs are anticipated
- Providing on the job training and guidance to junior team members throughout the assignment process
To be considered for the role you should be a Qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant with at least 2 year’s Audit experience in practice. You should ideally be in a mixed Audit & Accounts role, or in Audit and wanting to do a mix of Audit & Accounts work. You should be able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus, have sound technical and analytical skills with strong staff planning and supervision experience. The firm will happily consider candidates looking to relocate to the Surrey/Hampshire area, and you should also be a car driver given the travel required to client sites (approx. 50% of the time).
On offer is a salary up to £50,000 depending on experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile