McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top10 Accountancy Firm who are looking for an Accounts Senior / Client Accounts Senior to join their growing team in Guildford, Surrey. Reporting to one of the Client Managers, you will be required to advise businesses on the suitability of their financial reporting systems & processes, and support clients with preparation of their financial statements. The role involves providing a variety of these services at all levels from large corporates to SME’s, and key duties include:
- Ensuring jobs are completed within the agreed internal budget and all material points arising on the assignment are discussed with the Partner and Client.
- Planning assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- Taking a hands-on Supervisory role on assignments as and when required.
- Dealing quickly and effectively with client queries
- Briefing junior staff on the client’s business, supervising the completion of work and undertaking ‘on the job’ training
- Liaising with clients throughout the year, looking for opportunities to cross-sell, undertaking special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- Monitoring the practice management system reports, ensuring profitable recoverability of WIP and billing clients on a timely basis.
- Ensuring you are up to date with UK financial reporting requirements and preferably IFRS too
To be considered for the role you should ideally be in a medium/large Regional or Top50 Accountancy firm with accounts production skills, and previous experience of CCH Accounts Production would be desirable (not essential). The firm is happy to consider Accounts experience from Industry/Commerce if the individual is looking to return to the Accounting Profession. You should be fully ACA or ACCA Qualified ideally, with strong client relationship skills and commercial awareness. With excellent team-working skills and the ability to learn new technology quickly, you should also be able to work well under pressure and deliver client assignments on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £46,000 + excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, flexi-time and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile