McGinnis Loy Finance is proud to be working with a Top20 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their Client Accounting team with the appointment of a Statutory Accounts/Accounts Senior for their growing High Wycombe team. You will be working with entrepreneurial businesses and their owners to help support their long term goals, and manage your own portfolio of clients. Key duties include:
• Preparing statutory accounts and review of disclosures under FRS102 and IFRS
• Preparing management reports for a range of corporate clients & group companies (up to £30m turnover)
• Reviewing the bookkeeping by junior staff, and using a range of accounting software including Sage, Xero and Exact
• Client VAT return preparation, review and submission
• Managing time costs that are being charged to clients and deal appropriately with jobs that may go over budget
• Portfolio allocation across the team and monitoring deadlines
• Data insight for internal management reporting and checklist monitoring
• Client billing, WIP review and assisting with drafting of client proposals
• Liaising with internal and/or third party external advisors including Auditors
• Dealing with client IT/software issues, and providing on-site training where necessary
• Promoting the interests of the firm to clients, prospective clients and other third parties.
• Attending client gatherings/client seminars on an ad-hoc basis as support for key events.
To be considered for the role you will be experienced in managing a client portfolio across a broad range of sectors & industries, and have a wide appreciation of business issues so clients and Partners/Directors trust your assessment of their situation and needs. You should be able to demonstrate the highest technical standards, understand statutory account disclosure rules and communicate IT issues to clients in a clear, concise and actionable way. You should be competent with manual and computerised bookkeeping, be able to review accounts for Limited companies and Partnerships, and have strong organisational skills with the ability to manage strict deadlines. Qualifications are not as important as practical experience for this role, so you could be a Finalist/NQ, Qualified Accountant or Qualified By Experience.
On offer is a salary up to £38/40,000 depending on experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile