McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly respected Accountancy practice in Leicester who are looking for an ACCA Part-Qualified or AAT Qualified Client Accountant to join their growing team. Reporting to one of the Client Managers, you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of OMBs/SMEs including sole traders, small companies and partnerships; and the role will offer you a route to a future Management position once qualified. Key deliverables for the position include:
- Preparing client management accounts & financial statements for Manager sign-off
- Assisting with special project assignments, ownership of agreed budgets and meeting client deadlines.
- Point of contact for clients and other third-party stakeholders, with direct contact at Finance Manager level
- Preparing annual accounts and tax computations for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Involvement in audit and independent examination assignments of companies and also specialist assignments such as charities and pension schemes.
- Preparing management accounts and information on a quarterly or monthly basis.
- Preparing VAT returns on a quarterly basis.
- Supporting and developing trainee accountants with their assignments.
- Delivering an excellent level of customer service, managing and exceeding client expectations, responding to all ad-hoc queries in a timely manner.
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge and attending all relevant training, conferences and seminars.
- Managing all work efficiently, profitably and in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
To be considered for the role you should be a Qualified AAT or Part-Qualified ACCA Accountant, ideally degree-educated with at least 2 years experience in an Accountancy Practice. The firm is looking for someone with the potential to become a future Manager once Qualified, and are therefore looking for ambitious, entrepreneurial and highly-driven character traits. You should technically be up to date with IFRS & IAS, and knowledge of IRIS and Sage Accounts would be a distinct advantage. On offer is a salary up to £35,000 depending on qualifications and relevant experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare, 22 days holidays and other flexible benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office on 01889 390 380 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act