McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 Accounting Firm who are looking for an experienced Qualified Accounts Senior / Management Accountant for their growing team in West Berkshire. Managing your own portfolio of clients and assisting part-qualified members of staff, key duties include:
- Responsible for managing a client portfolio as well as building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Preparing monthly management accounts including preparing bank reconciliations, accruals/prepayments, control accounts and posting journals
- Managing year-end processes and reviewing limited company statutory financial statements under UK GAAP and IFRS, as well as annual accounts for partnerships & sole traders
- Completing quarterly VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat returns
- Overseeing junior staff on client work to ensure it is completed to satisfy objectives
- Managing the month end process and reviewing management accounts
- Dealing with queries from external auditors on behalf of clients
- Ensuring all work allocated is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm’s standards
- Liaising with OMB/SME clients to ensure their accountancy work is running smoothly and meets their expectations
- Participating in business development activities and contributing to sales negotiations
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant, ideally with experience of working in a similar accounting/general practice environment. With strong management accounts, statutory and annual accounts experience (inc working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS) and knowledge in VAT, corporation tax and employment taxes, mentoring junior staff is also preferred for this role.
On offer is a salary up to £40,000 depending on qualification and experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile