McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their senior team with the appointment of an Audit Director / Audit Associate Partner for their offices in Central London. The role is 70% Commercial Audit & 30% Accounts and you will be required to recruit Qualified audit staff, liaise with Partners and review the audit & accounts for both Corporate PLCs & PE backed businesses for sign-off. Key duties include:
- Managing a portfolio of audit and account clients with turnovers up to £150m. Clients include multi-national AIM listed and private groups, along with PE-backed enterprises across various industry sectors.
- Managing corporate clients including those with complex issues requiring higher levels of ad-hoc work
- Assisting Partners in planning & executing complex UK and International audit engagements, including open and close meetings with clients
- Business development and winning work by managing existing clients and targeting new audit clients within the Greater London region
- Reviewing and appraising internal audit working practices, identifying areas where efficiency improvements can be made within the Business Services function.
- Involvement in internal compliance procedures (e.g. quality control reviews, money laundering procedures etc.)
- Assisting Audit Partners in establishing the audit approach, reviewing complex audit work papers and ensuring audit files are reviewed in a timely manner
- Acting as a trusted business adviser to major clients, managing a significant portfolio £value and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and clients
To be considered for the Audit Director / Audit Associate Partner role you should be a Qualified ACA/ICAS/ACCA Accountant with at least 8 years’ experience running complex Audit portfolios, and ideally from a Top100 or well-regarded Regional Accounting firm. Experience managing audits in a range of commercial industry sectors ranging from OMBs, PE-backed, listed and international groups is required, and you should be able to manage a large portfolio of audit & accounting clients, with excellent knowledge of UK GAAP & FRS102. This role is a fast-track opportunity to being a Salaried Partner, so the firm is looking for high experienced career-minded, driven, ambitious and entrepreneurial individuals.
On offer is a salary up to £80/85,000 depending on experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile