McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top30 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their senior team with the appointment of an Audit Quality Director for their offices in Portsmouth, and very flexible working arrangements are available. Ideally for someone based around the South East / South Coast, the role is a unique opportunity for someone who is used to operating at a senior technical level within an audit practice team. Reporting to the Audit Quality & Compliance Partner, you will be a member of the Audit Committee and be internally focused as the position is not client facing – your customers are the firms Audit Partners. You will be accountable for all aspects of audit compliance across the firm, with the autonomy to develop best practice and enhance audit quality across a wide range of audit clients and sectors. Key duties include:
- Develop and introduce new audit guidance and templates in response to new auditing standards, emerging issues, and in response to internal and external review findings
- Provide effective communication on all aspects of audit compliance across the firm, undertaking hot and cold audit and assurance file reviews
- Co-ordinate the annual cold file review process with the external reviewer including discussing reviews with relevant Audit Partners/Managers, and presenting in the Annual Audit RI Debrief
- Effective root cause analysis and implementing measures to address any issues arising
- Reviewing, monitoring and assessment of the firm’s System of Quality Management under ISQM
- Primary liaison with ICAEW on audit compliance matters and managing regulatory visits, along with implementing recommendations.
- Overviewing the audit training needs and CPD requirements, compliance planning and performance of on-site audit due diligence visits for prospective acquisitions and mergers
- Reporting findings and making recommendations to the Audit Compliance Partner/Audit Committee as required
To be considered for the Audit Quality Director role you should be a Qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant with significant experience operating at Audit RI or Audit Senior Manager level within an ICAEW/ACCA audit registered practice. With strong technical accounting skills across different accounting frameworks (FRS 102 / IFRS), you should have a comprehensive awareness of audit ethics/standards which need to be upheld, up to date knowledge and understanding of Auditing Standards and Audit Methodology, and have experience of using audit software (ideally CCH Audit Automation). You should have a positive attitude with an open mindset to developing new strategies and ways of working, be highly personable and confident with excellent communication skills.
On offer is a salary up to £100,000 depending on relevant experience with benefits to include corporate pension, healthcare and 28 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone on 01183 245 245 or via email at [email protected]
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile