McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their senior team with the appointment of an Audit Senior Manager/Audit Associate Director for their offices near Cheltenham. The role is 75% Audit and 25% Accounts/Tax and you will be required to supervise managers and newly-qualified’s, liaise with Partners, reviewing the audits for both SME and Corporate PLC businesses. Key duties include:
• Managing a range of audit clients with turnovers up to £100m, businesses include high street names, multinational groups and venture capital backed groups.
• Manage certain corporate clients which fall outside the audit threshold, including those with more complex issues and requiring higher levels of ad-hoc work, i.e. cash flow forecasting, management accounts production.
• Use in-depth knowledge of the client to anticipate and address challenging, complex and interesting issues.
• Take direct responsibility for all aspects the services we provide, incorporating remuneration planning, corporate group structures, etc.
• Supporting clients through corporate transactions (sales, purchases, fund raising etc.).
• Close liaison with the internal tax department and the ability to deal with tax computations and corporation tax issues.
• Assist partners & directors in ad hoc project work including corporate finance assignments (due diligence, AIM listings, MBOs, raising finance etc.).
• Business development activities and winning work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting new audit and non-audit clients. Involvement in formal and informal pitching procedures.
• Create strong relationships across the client portfolio, becoming the trusted advisor on all technical and commercial issues.
• Effectively manage, motivate, mentor and develop a team of qualified, part qualified and trainees.
• Provide input and recommendations into recruitment/staffing levels
• Create a vibrant working environment, where individual talent can thrive, within a dynamic team framework, where all work towards a common objective.
• Review and appraise internal working practices, identifying areas where efficiency improvements can be made.
• Establish a strong network of contacts internally and externally, including bank managers and solicitors.
• Involvement in internal compliance procedures (e.g. quality control reviews, money laundering procedures etc.).
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with at least 5 years experience running Audit portfolios, and ideally from a Top100 or well-regarded Regional Accounting firm. With strong audit, tax, statutory and annual accounts experience along with staff management, knowledge of mid-range accounting software (e.g. Iris Exchequer, Caseware, Sage Line 50) would also be useful.
On offer is a salary up to £70,000 depending on experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone on 01183 245 245 or via email at [email protected]
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile