McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 UK Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Corporate Tax Manager to join their growing team in either the Rickmansworth or Milton Keynes offices. Reporting to the Tax Partner, the roles would ideally suit ATT/CTA qualified tax specialists from a mid-tier/Top100 or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be coaching junior members of the team, reviewing corporate tax computations and you should be able to demonstrate both strong compliance & advisory expertise. Key duties include:
- Reviewing complex corporate tax returns within agreed service levels and quality standards, identifying additional tax planning opportunities
- Alongside the Partners, leading work on UK and cross-border tax advisory projects and dealing directly with clients
- Generating new leads and winning new tax advisory work
- Managing your own portfolio of owner-managed businesses through to UK & Int’l corporates (typically £5m – £100m turnover)
- Dealing with basic and complex tax queries on behalf of clients, and preparation of client meeting notes for the team
- Planning and reviewing work carried out by team members to ensure work is completed within timeframes and budget
- Completing appraisals for all allocated members of staff to enhance their effectiveness
- Assisting with the development of tax efficient structures and assisting with corporate re-organisation’s for tax planning purposes
- Liaising directly with clients regarding corporate tax matters on the phone and in person, and others in the tax and audit departments
- Identifying changes in UK legislation and how this may impact the corporate portfolio
- Ensuring the quality of corporate tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales
To be considered for the roles, you should ideally be seeking a move to an accounting practice/firm where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Therefore, knowledge and experience of reviewing corporate tax computations for OMB businesses, dealing with some complex tax advisory issues and managing a diverse UK & Int’l client portfolio is desirable. A solid understanding and application of UK GAAP accounting fundamentals and application is required and you should be proficient in staff management, coaching & training, dealing with client tax issues and decision making. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £60/65,000 depending on experience + excellent benefits including holidays, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile