McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top15 Accountancy Practice who have seen vast growth over the last two years and are looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager / Corporate Tax Supervisor for their growing team in Maidenhead. Reporting to the Corporate Tax Director, the role would suit an ACA, ACCA or CTA Qualified tax specialist from a Top75 or well-known Regional Accountancy practice firms. You will be coaching junior members of the team, reviewing corporate tax computations and you should be able to demonstrate strong tax compliance experience. Key duties include:
- Preparing corporate tax returns within agreed service levels, identifying additional tax opportunities
- Maintaining a record of corporate tax returns, and ensuring all returns are filed on time
- Identifying changes in UK Tax legislation and how this may impact your client portfolio in the future
- Preparation of tax provisions for inclusion in clients statutory accounts, working alongside the audit practice with a broad range of clients from FTSE350 to major OMB’s
- Acting as the day to day tax contact on audit engagements and liaising with audit teams, the client and Tax Managers/Directors
- Reviewing, testing and documenting technical tax disclosures prepared by clients and their independent third-party advisers
- Delegating delivery of work to junior corporate tax colleagues whilst maintaining control of quality and timetables.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships across a portfolio of clients
- Mentoring and developing junior & graduate-level members of staff
- Keeping up to date and sharing technical insights with the rest of the Corporate Tax team.
The role will also support the wider Corporate Tax advisory team outside of Audit & Accounting projects during quieter audit periods. The wider opportunities will include working with domestic & international real estate, M&A and governance specialists within the Thames Valley Regional team. You should be ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified with sound knowledge of UK corporate taxation and preferably an awareness of international tax issues. Good knowledge of accountancy principles, in particular accounting for tax (including deferred taxation and accounts disclosures) is also desirable, along with the ability to build good relationships with clients and you should be able to take personal responsibility & accountability for your own work.
On offer is a salary up to £55,000 depending on experience + 25 days holiday, pension scheme, healthcare and a choice of other non-core benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading Office) on 01183 245 245 or via email at [email protected]
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile