McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 Accountancy Practice who have seen vast growth within the Thames Valley and are looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Manager for their growing team in Central Reading to focus on larger multi-national clients. The position is to support one of the local Corporate Tax Partners and the role would suit an ACA, ACCA or CTA Qualified tax specialist from a Top100 or well-known Regional Accountancy practice. Key duties include:
- Providing tax compliance and advisory services in support of the Tax Partner to a client portfolio.
- Maximising fee income and generating new client and consultancy work from a corporate tax portfolio.
- Management of a tax function and staff, ensuring efficient production and quality levels are met and that staff are developed to achieve their full potential.
- Managing the compliance cycle for a portfolio of clients and reviewing CT600 returns. This includes tax accounting and provisions Plan, control and review work carried out by team members to ensure work is completed within timeframes and budget
- Responding to corporate tax queries from clients and undertaking partners billing
- Providing advice on a wide range of corporate tax matters, both domestic and international
- Attending client meetings and presentations, corresponding with clients and external agencies
To be considered for the role you should be ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified with sound knowledge of UK corporate taxation and preferably an awareness of international tax issues. With 3+ years post qualification experience ideally, you should have good knowledge of accountancy principles, in particular accounting for tax (including deferred taxation and accounts disclosures) along with the ability to build good relationships with clients and you should be able to take personal responsibility & accountability for your own work. You should also have a strong commercial awareness, be client focused, with some people management skills/coaching of others, and be able to influence others with an ability to manage change.
On offer is a salary up to £60,000 depending on relevant corporate tax experience + 25 days holiday, pension scheme, healthcare and a choice of other non-core benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading Office) on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org