McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Mixed Tax Manager (personal tax & corporate tax) to join their growing team in the Thames Valley region. As one of the lead tax specialists for the office, you will be managing a team of tax juniors, and will be able to leverage from the excellent work already done to deliver specific and value-added tax services to clients. The role would suit an existing Mixed Tax Manager or Tax Assistant Manager/Supervisor from another mid- to Top100 or Regional Accountancy practice, ideally someone who is looking for quick career progression. Key duties include:
- Developing corporate tax efficient strategies and assisting with personal-related tax interests
- Providing support to clients with complex UK and International corporate tax issues
- Dealing with basic corporate tax planning, cross-border tax structuring and deal tax structuring activities
- Liaising with Partners regarding tax projects for individuals (eg, dividend planning, EIS, CGT, Non domicile, VCT, IHT)
- Overseeing a team of three junior tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax & corporate tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales
- Working with Partners across the Thames Valley & London Regions to grow and develop the firm, and increase advisory services to clients.
- Engaging with local referrers and other external third-parties regarding business development
- Confidently explaining tax issues and options to clients in a non-technical manner, and presenting to small groups in client workshops or internal training courses.
To be considered for the role you should ideally be in a recognisable Regional or Top100 practice and there is a preference for ACA/ACCA and/or CTA/ATT qualified’s. Knowledge and experience of both UK corporate & UK personal tax and management of client portfolios is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to develop new business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £65,000 depending upon experience + excellent benefits including 25 days holidays, pension and healthcare schemes. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone on 01183 245 245 or via email at [email protected]
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile