McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top15 Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Personal Tax Manager (compliance & advisory) to join their growing team in Leicester. Reporting to the Tax Partner, the role would ideally suit a CTA/ATT Qualified Tax professional, a Qualified accountant or QBE from another Top or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be working with a senior team, managing junior Tax staff and you must be able to demonstrate strong Personal Tax Advisory & Compliance skills to manage your own portfolio. Key duties include:
• Managing a portfolio of HNWI’s with some personal and estate tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and supporting the overall development of the office and firm.
• Working on a variety of advisory tax projects and technical assignments, in addition to business development opportunities and professional networking
• Reviewing the completion of work by junior staff on personal tax assignments
• Ensuring the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adheres to the Firm’s quality standards.
• Managing a small number of charitable trusts and maintaining the Trust database
• Attending client meetings to ensure clients receive completed compliance & advisory tax work on time.
• Liaising with the assigned Tax Partner to ensure that work is completed within budget
• Ensuring up to date and an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses in relation to Personal Tax Law
• Researching and suggesting proposals for resolution of technical tax matters, ensuring complex matters are referred to a technical expert
• Corresponding with HMRC and keeping clients up to date of the situation.
• Liaising with partners on matters which may significantly affect the client’s tax liabilities
To be considered for the role you should either be seeking a move to a larger firm, or perhaps working within a Top4/Top10 looking for wider responsibility, and the ability to work with a more diverse client base. As a CTA/ATT qualified tax professional with excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new & existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget. You should also possess the ability to see the bigger picture and understand how a particular issue or need fits into the wider clients personal and/or business situation.
On offer is a salary up to £55/60,000 with excellent flexi-benefits along with 25 days holiday, pension scheme & healthcare. To apply for the positions, or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office on 0845 862 6202 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile