McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Regional Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Personal Tax Senior to join their growing Private Client tax team in Maidenhead. Reporting to the Personal Tax Director, the role would ideally suit an ATT Qualfied and/or ACCA/ACA Qualified tax professional. You will be responsible for preparing & submitting personal tax returns, and you should be able to demonstrate strong Personal Tax compliance expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Completing & submitting personal tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Managing a varied portfolio of contractors, self-employed, SME business owners and non-residents (approx. 125 individuals)
- Assisting with tax queries from personal tax clients and HMRC tax queries
- Assisting with tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims for individuals (entrepreneurs relief, VCT/EIS relief)
- Working with individuals/families and SME business owners to help reduce tax liabilities where possible
- Working with the Tax Director on tax efficient structures in relation to trusts, and assisting with wealth re-distribution for tax planning purposes
- Liaising directly with clients regarding non-complex Personal Tax matters on the phone and in person
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the Head of Tax to ensure that work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
To be considered for the role you should ideally be seeking a move to an Accounting Firm where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Knowledge and experience of preparing & submitting personal tax computations, and dealing with various personal tax/private client issues would be a distinct advantage, aswell as being able to manage your own tax portfolio. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £55,000 (depending on experience and qualification) + excellent benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday, corporate pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the personal tax senior / private client senior position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone on 01183 245 245 or via email at [email protected]
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile