McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a fast-growing & entrepreneurial Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Personal Tax Senior (or Supervisor/Assistant Manager) to join their growing Private Client tax team near Reading. Employing 4 partners and 90+ staff across 3 offices, you will be reporting to one of the Personal Tax Managers, and the role would ideally suit an ATT or CTA Qualified tax professional. You will be coaching junior staff, preparing & reviewing personal tax returns, and you should be able to demonstrate some basic Personal Tax advisory expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Processing & submitting personal tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Managing a varied portfolio of HNWI’s, contractors, self-employed, business owners and non-residents (approx. 200 individuals)
- Assisting with tax queries from Expat’s/Non-residents and dealing with global mobility issues from clients
- Assisting with HMRC tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims (entrepreneurs relief, VCT/EIS relief)
- Working with wealthy families and business entrepreneurs to help reduce tax liabilities where possible
- Developing tax efficient structures in relation to trusts, and assisting with wealth re-distribution for tax planning purposes
- Liaising directly with clients regarding Personal tax matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Assisting the Personal Tax Manager in overseeing a number of graduate-level tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the Personal Tax Director to ensure that work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
To be considered for the role you should ideally be seeking a move to an Accounting Firm where wider responsibilities and a broader & complex client base will be made available to you. Knowledge and experience of preparing & submitting personal tax computations, dealing with various personal tax issues and CCH Tax experience would be a distinct advantage, and being able to manage your own personal tax portfolio is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £50,000 (depending on experience and qualification) + excellent benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday, corporate pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile