McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top15 Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Personal Tax Senior (or Supervisor/Assistant Manager) to join their growing Private Client tax team in Central Reading. Reporting to one of the Personal Tax Managers, the role would ideally suit an ATT or CTA Qualified tax professional. You will be coaching junior staff, preparing & reviewing personal tax returns and you should be able to demonstrate some basic Personal Tax advisory expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Processing & submitting personal tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Managing a varied portfolio of HNWI’s, contractors, self-employed, business owners and non-residents (approx. 150 individuals)
- Assisting with tax queries from Expat’s/Non-residents and supporting global mobility queries from clients
- Assisting with HMRC tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims (entrepreneurs relief, VCT/EIS relief)
- Working with Directors/Partners in relation to wealthy families & entrepreneurs to help reduce tax liabilities where possible
- Developing tax efficient structures in relation to Trusts, and assisting with wealth re-distribution for tax planning purposes
- Liaising directly with clients regarding Personal tax matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Assisting Personal Tax Managers in overseeing a number of graduate-level tax juniors
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
To be considered for the role you should ideally be seeking a move to an Accounting Firm where wider responsibilities and a broader & complex client base will be made available to you. Knowledge and experience of preparing & submitting personal tax computations, dealing with various personal tax issues and CCH Tax experience would be a distinct advantage, and experience of managing your own personal tax portfolio is required (three or more tax seasons ideally). With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £50,000 (depending on experience and qualification) + excellent benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday, corporate pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office on 01183 245 245 or via email at [email protected]
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile