McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly entrepreneurial Accountancy Practice with 70+ staff who are looking for a Personal Tax Senior to join their growing Private Client tax team in Buckinghamshire. Reporting to one of the Personal Tax Managers, the role would ideally suit an ATT or CTA Qualified tax professional or someone qualified by experience. You will be coaching junior staff, preparing & reviewing personal tax returns, and you should be able to demonstrate some basic Personal Tax advisory expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Preparing & submitting personal tax returns, reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Managing a varied portfolio of HNWI’s, contractors, self-employed, business owners and non-residents (approx. 200 individuals)
- Assisting with HMRC tax investigations as required and dealing with valid tax claims (entrepreneurs relief, VCT/EIS relief)
- Assisting Partners who work with families and business entrepreneurs to help reduce tax liabilities where possible
- Assisting Partners with basic work in relation to trusts, assisting with wealth re-distribution for tax planning purposes
- Liaising directly with clients regarding Personal tax compliance matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Assisting the Personal Tax Manager in overseeing a number of graduate-level tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the Personal Tax Manager to ensure that work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
To be considered for the role you should ideally be seeking a move to an Accounting Firm where wider responsibilities and a broader & complex client base will be made available to you. Knowledge and experience of preparing & submitting personal tax computations, dealing with various basic personal tax issues and CCH Tax experience would be a distinct advantage, and being able to manage your own personal tax portfolio is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £50,000 (depending on experience and qualification) + excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, corporate pension scheme and private medical insurance. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone on 01183 245 245 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile